Linuxtag 2008 in Berlin was brilliant
The latest edition of Linuxtag was very productive. During the 4 days the CentOS crew managed to do several things, including:
- professional booth with a 24" screen/laptop setup that we can now reuse for other events around Europe
- proper template slides for events like this (also now a German translation thanks to Ralph and Felix)
- well received "CentOS and Enterprise Linux" presentation
- strengthened our ties with the Fedora project
- have a much better solution for our CentOS media (both printing and burning)
- met interesting individuals who (I am sure) will strengthen the CentOS project
- have a new set of objectives for the CentOS project
Apart from the usual suspects, I met some very interesting people from the Gnome Foundation, Fedora project, Transifex and the VideoLan project without even having taken the time to walk around Linuxtag. From that perspective it becomes similar to FOSDEM, I never to find the time to visit the booths or attend a lot of the presentations myself in recent years.
Regardless of the busy 4 days I still feel that 4 days is a bit too long for Linuxtag. Having to sacrifies 3.5 working days as a freelancer is very painful. And having to travel 7 hours to get there (thanks Tim !) takes a lot of energy.