Searching for RHEL and CentOS information
If you use RHEL or CentOS a lot and you often find yourself looking for good information on the web about either CentOS or RHEL, you might find the following Firefox search addons very useful.
Here's my overview, sorted by importance:
- Red Hat Knowledgebase search
- Search Red Hat's extensive knowledgebase, documentation and many other resources
- CentOS Knowledgebase search
- Search CentOS' extensive mailinglists, wiki, documentation, forums, bugtracker and website
- Red Hat Bugtracker search
- Search Red Hat's Bugzilla database by using keywords
- Red Hat Bugtracker by Id search
- Similar, but search by Red Hat Bugzilla Id. This is mostly important when you are looking at RPM changelogs
- Red Hat bugtracker by Component search
- Similar, but search by Red Hat Bugzilla Component name. This is useful to find bugs similar to yours by component
- CentOS Wiki search
- Search CentOS' wiki which contains many useful tricks and clues or get an account and add your own solutions
- CentOS Mailinglists search
- Search the CentOS mailinglists archive to find solutions from many skilled experts
- Red Hat Security Advisories search
- Search the Red Hat Network security advisories for packages or CVE information
I would like to have them on Firefox's addon website, but in the meantime you can install them directly from this blog-article.
Also remember that the solutions you find for CentOS are equally suited on RHEL and vice versa. So you might want to have both the RHEL and CentOS Knowledgebase search added to your Firefox.
Important: Only supported by Firefox 2 and higher ! So ironically this will not yet work for CentOS 5.1, but RHEL 5.2 should be fine.
Update: I added the Red Hat Bugzilla by Component as recommended by Joshua Daniel Franklin