Weird SMS messages from unknown numbers
Since as far as I can remember owning Nokia phones I get strange text messages from unknown numbers that look like this:
Time: 11/11/2009 14:48
1257950895 1 912.867409663487
Time: 23/11/2009 15:23
1258989829 1 795.947321834859
Time: 23/11/2009 16:52
1258995167 1 590.061261517537
Today I got two of these within 30 minutes.
I cannot remember if they all were similar to this, since by default they are not being saved. Instead they open automatically and they disappear when closed. Unless you specifically say you want to save them.
With the risk of making now something private public, does anyone know what they are and who is sending me these ?
- Is my cellphone being brute-forced by script-kiddies ?
- Is there a virus going around in +79 area code ?
- Is this an attempt by terrorists to have my cellphone exploded ?
- Is this an attempt to call them and be charged hundreds of Euros per second ?
- Is someone trying to tell me that they are being held in a Chinese factory ?
- Is Nokia trying to update my phone remotely ?
- Is this the result of cosmic radiation ?
- Is this a program with communication capabilities having unexpected memory errors ?
- Is something calling home with eg. GPS coordinates ?
Update: In case you noticed, the first part is the epoch (number of seconds since 1 Jan 1970). The second part might be the timezone ? And the additional part milliseconds ? But who would be sending me this and why ?